Re: the keyboard accessibility capplet

Seth said:

>    - I find 10 hits for "AccessX" on Google. I find over 2,000 for
> "Keyboard Accesibility". Unscientific... but its hard for me to imagine
> AccessX being a standard word AND only garnering 10 hits. Its a nasty
> undescriptive word, and given how little it seems to be used, is a prime
> candidate for "dropping" in favour of a better word.

Funny, my Google search found 6,330 hits for "accessx".  Capitalization
problem, I expect.  "Access X" (or at least "Access *" as Earl pointed
out) is the industry-standard term for keyboard accessibility controls.

>    - Placing checkboxes in frame labels is a non-standard control use
> and further seems weird (at least to me).

It's a very effective way or conserving space in a crowded situation.

-Bill

>    - Sun may want to customize this dialogue for migrating from CDE, but
> most of the systems GNOME is still installed on have never and will
> never have CDE on them. Having a special button for importing the CDE
> AccessX file seems wrong.

Seth, did you read the whole thread(s) on this?  There was much
explanation of this.  It's actually not even CDE-specific, and most
emphatically not a "Sun" thing.