[no subject]

1. put "Desktop Theme Set", "Theme", "Fonts", "Background", etc. in an
"Appearance" submenu; or

2. subsume the above into a single "Appearance" capplet with multiple
"tabs"; or

3. do without the 'Appearance' grouping, i.e. leave the capplets as-is
except for moving them up a level in the menus.

I think #3 leaves us with the problem that the appearance-related
settings are mixed in with "mouse", "network proxy", "window focus",
which makes them hard to find; this is likely to get worse as things are
added to the menus in the future, so I would vote for either #1 or #2,
with the move of "Desktop Preferences" up one level.

Also, two comments about this GEP:

* I have no objection to extending the discussion date, but am glad
somebody is discussing it again :-)

* I think that this menus discussion, though important, belongs _after_
we discuss, and hopefully reach consensus on, the requirements that
we're trying to address (remembering that this is now a "requirements
GEP" as requested by Michael).

Of course the menus issue does have some bearing on our requirements,
but I think we should agree on what those are first, before we starting
putting labels on and boxes around things :-)

best regards,

Bill