Re: Question about gtk/metacity

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 12:04:23PM -0800, Loban A Rahman wrote:
> However, this is what happens: When the window gets focus, a chain
> reaction of focus in's and out's occur, continuously. It's as if setting
> decorations to TRUE causes the window to lose focus, which make it lose
> decorations, which causes it to gain focus, and so on.
>
> Is this a bug, or my fault. Is there a workaround?

To remove the window decorations, metacity must pop the window out of
its frame, which results in unmapping the window and thus losing
focus. To add the decorations it has to pop the window out of the root
window again resulting in an unmap.

So basically, no there's no way to do this, without some sort of large
metacity changes that may cause other bad side effects.

Havoc