Re: Killing views [Was: Dealing with files in Gnome]

> Nautilus-CD-Burner, it's from what I know only available as Nautilus view and
> not as standalone application. Say for someone using as Distribution and say
> for someone NEW to linux and GNOME (that's the people you are targeting at,
> don't forget this). These people usually search for a CD-Burning standalone
> application first. They don't find anything and now contact you. You reply
> enter 'burn://' in the Locationbar of Nautilus and then continue... All you
> see is an empty Field and you ask yourself 'what now?'. What I like to
> explain here is that the views are being abused as addons as Nautilus only,
> which makes it hard for people to realize that they are there.

ncb has not been made a part of Gnome Desktop yet. It has not been
integrated yet. When it is of course there will be an obvious way to
burn a cd and the user will not have to browse to burn:// to accomplish
it.

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]