Re: Awesome new Mozilla roadmap!

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:18:48AM +0200, Julien Olivier wrote:
> > You go after to small fish Ali, there is this one library, originally
> > made by a GNOME hacker called Richard Stallman. It is called glibc
> > and not only it is a library part of the GNU and GNOME sphere, but it is
> > even controlled these days by one of the conspiring companies that
> > support GNOME. If you want to make a difference you should mail the KDE
> > developers and demand that they immediately stop polluting their desktop
> > by using this GNU and GNOME library.
> >

> That's not THAT important but why not change the title of
> http://www.xmlsoft.org to "The XML C library" ? After all, like you say,
> it's desktop-neutral.

  Okay I didn't go through that thread but just noticed this post.
What the heck is going on ? My ego is not inflated yet enough to call
it "The XML C library", there is quite a few other C libraries !
It's desktop neutral, platform neutral as much as possible too, any
decent C89 compiler seems able to built it those days. Should I rename it ?
NO . The library was developped in the framework on the Gnome project
even if Gnomers didn't actually had that much involvement, historically
libxml(2) is solidely rooted in the Gnome project. Revisionnism doesn't
sounds a good idea to me. And I really see not reason to change the name
as the portability is made very clear on the project page.
  People should IMHO go back to their bug list instead of wasting time
about names,

Daniel