Re: Little report about new panel properties

Il mar, 2003-04-08 alle 09:50, Mark McLoughlin ha scritto:

> 	Thanks much for your fixes. I've committed them. I'm not sure about
> some of the changes (like making the labels bold),
Me too, but 'cause it's a "Properties" dialog, use bold make it more
like nautilus properties one. Unfortunately it seems more a
"Preferences" dialog - there are more check and toggle then labels :-(

> > 1) what about not full expand? Something like "Expand 60% of available
> > space", I mean.
>
> 	Hmm, why is this useful ?

To build not-expanded panels with user defined applets' padding/spacing.

Should be the missing piece of the jigsaw: expanded, minimized,
customized.

> > 2) Round corners for not fully expanded panels?
>
> 	There's a bug somewhere in bugzilla about adding rounded corners. Its
> not on high on my TODO list, though ... one issue to consider is how
> will the grab handles look when you do rounded corners ?

Yeah, this is a real trouble....

the only idea in my mind is:

Before:
 ________________________
|/
|/
|/
|/_______________________

After:
 _________                      _________
|/                             /
|/           <-- top panel     |/           <-- floating panel
|/                             |/
\_________                     \_________

I mean: you ave a 4U height panel: use 2U in the middle to place handle
and 1U top/right and bottom/left to make round corner. No round corner
for border side.

Unfortunately this should works fine only for middle sized panel: small
panels (<20 px) or big (>30 px) probably become really ugly: too much
small handle for first, too much big round corner for second.

BTW Try to play with window border font size, using Bluecurve/Wonderland
theme: here the radius of round border is fixed. See attachment

By
--
Think bigger

			My uncle