Re: New to Gnome - What does one use ?

<snip>
> There is also Anjuta and Anjuta 2.  Anjuta is a feature complete IDE for
> Gnome and Gtk (and other toolkits).  I am not sure what the Gnome 2.0
> status is right now in terms of support.  A Gnome 2.0 port is in the
> works.  Anjuta 2 is or at least was supposed to be the next generation
> Anjuta.  As it stands now it is very usable but does not have the
> functionality of Anjuta.  Anjuta 2 look better and feels more like a
> Gnome 2 app.  As of right now Anjuta 2 can only be gotten by way of the
> gnome CVS.

Hi

Anjuta has a fully working GNOME2 port (a bit slow and buggy right now,
but good enough for most small scale projects). It also has lots of
wizards for creating various types of GNOME2 applications. I suggest you
build the CVS version and try it out.

Alternatively, anjuta 1.0.2 is a fast, stable version (albeit based on
GNOME 1.x). However, it does support developing GNOME2 applications of
various types.

--
Biswa.