Re: at-spi versioning

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 16:41, Owen Taylor wrote:

> OK, I didn't quite catch the question. So, the problem is that
> you accidentally had some release with sonames of 1.0.x surrounded
> by other release with sonames of 0.x.y?
>
> Looking at Red Hat releases I see:
>
>  Red Hat 8.0 - at-spi 1.0.1, libspi.so.1.0.0
>  Red Hat 9   - at-spi 1.1.9, libspi.so.0.8.0
>
> Not good :-), but then again, at-spi isn't a platform library
> for Red Hat so it isn't a big deal for us either way.
>
> For people upgrading through RPM's, the old .so.1.0.0 will
> be removed, so everything will work fine.

What about dependency management via RPMs?  i.e. if someone is
installing a gnopernicus RPM, is the RPM dependency scheme smart enough
to check for at-spi version numbers rather than .soname ?

thanks for the suggestions.  I'll try to pick one this week to sort this
out, I hope, once and for all.

- Bill