Re: call for collaborators: bug isolation via remote program sampling

Hi,

This looks interesting. The main challenge I see is that GNOME
distributes betas as source only. There aren't any really widely-used
beta binaries, I don't think, at least not reliably or on a regular
basis.  So I believe we'd need some way to let people build their own
instrumented code.

We do have the automated bug report tool bug-buddy that already
uploads backtraces, so perhaps that could be extended to also upload
the instrumentation data?

Ideally when bug-buddy files a bug report, it would be
cross-referenced to a web site where developers would find any useful
reports or clues generated by the code instrumentation.  e.g. the bug
report would include an URL pointing to the web site where the
instrumentation-based report on the same failure would be
automatically maintained. Or something, not sure I'm being clear. ;-)

Havoc