Re: galculator should be included in Gnome

I'm the author of galculator and want to comment on the current discussion.

> There are HIG-compliance issues.

That's right. At the moment galculator isn't very HIG conform. This is an issue
I will address ASAP.

There are also other features gcalctool has and galculator has not (financial
mode, constants, user defined functions). At the moment I try to add features
on request by users and the functional range of galculator will grow in the
future for sure.

But talking about the future doesn't help at the moment, I agree.

> - uses libm; (...)  but doesn't do arbitary precision.

Following the discussion on the list I got the impression this is the
strongest argument in favor of gcalctool. On the one hand I agree that accuracy
is a characteristic to compare calculators objectively.

But on the other hand the possibility to do calculations with upto 40 digits
isn't a feature I expect from a desktop calculator. From my point of view a
desktop calculator supports the user in doing (small) calculations on the paper
(or even replaces that paper). If there are such big numbers I probably had to
change to a bigger mathematical software package anyway. (In fact, I never got
a feature request for supporting multiple-precision.)