Re: metacity and multiple monitors bug

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 01:57:16PM -0700, Will LaShell wrote:
> Are you sure you are using multihead?  Twinview is a modified Xinerama
> setup. This sounds potentially like a X config issue?   Just as an fyi, the
> guys
> here at work all use the new Nvidia drivers w/ twinview  on RedHat 9  with
> no problem. ( caveat being I don't know what versions of GNOME you are
> running )

Hey Will.

I'm using multihead insofar as I have a dual head video card with two
monitors hooked up :)  My X config for this looks something like this:

Identifier    "TwinView"
    VendorName    "nvidia"
    Driver        "nvidia"
    BusID         "PCI:1:0:0"
    Option        "RenderAccel" "true"
    Option        "CursorShadow" "1"
    Option        "WindowFlip" "1"
    Option        "NvAGP" "3"
    Option "TwinView"
    Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync"   "31-96"
    Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "55-160"
    Option "TwinViewOrientation"      "RightOf"
    Option "MetaModes"                "1280x960,1280x960; 1024x768,1024x768"
    Option "ConnectedMonitor"         "crt,crt"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
   Identifier  "AGPTwinView"
   Screen      "Screen0"
   InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
   InputDevice "Configured Mouse"
   InputDevice "Generic Mouse"
EndSection

This is taken from an example config in (I think) the nvidia-glx
package.

Details:
OS: Gentoo linux (stable)
Metacity 2.4.34
Gnome virtual package: 2.2.1

The rest of the setup works perfectly, just this one small thing with it
not allowing me to drag to the top area.

I haven't set up for non-twinview, and when I did have xinerama I didn't
like it at all :)

Alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"We are either doing something, or we are not. 'Talking about' is a