RE: GEP-11: Application list for 2.4

> From: Calum Benson [mailto:calum benson sun com]
> Bill's just reminded me to make sure we mention the new accessibility
> features we're intending to propose for inclusion in 2.4...
> some of them
> are just new features rather than whole new app(lets), but here goes
> anyway:
>
> - AccessX status indicator (either an applet or status tray
> thing, still
> trying to decide which)
>
> - GUI to control existing Visual Bell feature
>
> - GUI to turn AT support on and off (unfortunately it can't just
> transparently be turned on when you start an AT, at the moment)
>
> - New gtk-engine for the high contrast themes to use, e.g. to ensure
> widget borders are visible in the inverse themes
>
> - Possibly an 'accessibility wizard' to simplify the process
> of setting
> up an accessible environment

I'm writing a list of proposed modules so it would be nice to know which of
these look like new modules to you, rather than enhancements to existing
stuff.

> Unfortunately no code actually exists for any of them yet, but we're
> working on it :)

For completely new modules, I'd be worried about adding something that
didn't exist. Is this all really realistic for GNOME 2.4?

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com