Re: Proposal: Workrave

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 22:13, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to put forward the RSI prevention app "Workrave". Its
> functionality is quite unique, given that there's only one Free app out
> there (that I know of) that competes, namely xwrits. Companies and
> institutions pay big bucks to have windows equivalents installed on their
> workstations (speaking of which, a win32 version of workrave is also
> available.) Workrave is much more sophisticated than xwrits and fits well
> into the GNOME environment.
>
> One GEP10 requirement it doesn't meet, though, is that the code is in
> GNOME cvs. I've e-mailed with the author and he said to me he'd rather
> have everything in one place at sourceforge. Anyhow this is out of my
> reach, I'm just proposing this for consideration.

Does the maintainer know its been proposed? Maintainers need to be
engaged in the discussion process, because becoming part of GNOME does
(to a certain extent) mean that you have the same design philosophy and
agree to the freeze restrictions.

As a side note, I nearly fell off my chair when I read themus had been
proposed for inclusion. I'm absolutely fine with that, and it's going to
hit gnome-control-center soon anyway, but I didn't know it had been
proposed until the list came out. Maybe I missed something. Anyway, that
shouldn't have happened ;-)

Back on topic, not being in GNOME CVS is (iirc) really quite bad for the
i18n team, the qa team, and others.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"A freudian slip is when you say one thing but you mean your mother." -- unknown