RE: 2.4 Proposed Modules - 2 weeks left

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 16:08, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Bill Haneman [mailto:bill haneman sun com]
> > Although I personally want to see the "standard" gnome releases fully
> > accessible, Sun as a corporate entity is committed to Mozilla releases
> > for its products, and so there's no good case for Sun to put resources
> > towards ensuring the accessibility of a browser it doesn't
> > plan to ship
> > at this time.
>
> So, "having an accessible browser" should not be one of the reasons for
> having a GNOME-specific browser, given that this problem is being solved
> elsewhere?

Hey,

If KDE improved their a11y support wouldn't mean that we would drop
ours. If GNOME is committed to being accessible, then every component
should be accessible. Just because mozilla is accessible doesn't give a
GNOME browser an excuse not to be.

Pontificatingly,

Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"A freudian slip is when you say one thing but you mean your mother." -- unknown