Re: release notes pimping

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 21:12, John Fleck wrote:
> Folks -
>
> Last time 'round, the main theme of the release notes was "usability,
> performance, appearance, and accessibility support". If we had a slogan,
> it was a desktop that "just works". What is the dominant theme of the
> 2.4? What should we be pimping here?

OK, so it's clear from the ensuing discussion that we have no Grand
Shining Theme that I should be pimping ("Nearly Ready for the
Enterprise" seems a bad slogan, and Luis is right - the word
"Enterprise" shall never again cross my digital lips), so the release
notes will focus on what this really is, which is a time-based release
with a huge number of incremental improvements across the board, as well
as a number of new gadgets added to the thing we call GNOME.

Cheers,
John "Run-on Sentence" Fleck
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h)

"If we can survive Michael Jackson's nose, we can survive anything."
 - Zippy the Pinhead