Re: GNOME ABI review

Havoc Pennington writes:

Adding widgets is not the way to approach this in general, as you
can't add a new widget without deprecating the old widget.

Well in this specific case, the proposal was to extend an existing api with a new property and a convenience constructor. I don't think the old gtkframe should be deprecated by any means. In regards to just fixing this in glade, I think there are more than a few programs the don't want to build up alot dependencies other than gtk and just won't use glade (for whatever reasons). Not having an quick and easy to implement hig style frames in gtk just discourages these developers from following the HIG and creates inconsistencies. But I guess I should have brought this up when I had time to actually do some work on this :/

dave