Question about Widgets in X window

Hello everyone,

I have a question about X window, could you please give some comments on it? Thanks.

Now I want to search a button with specific caption, such as "Save" or "Cancel".. "Ok" on X window (no matter GNOME or KDE) screen.

Do you think I can implement this under different desktop enviroments(KDE,GNOME)with Xlib programming? Or it's toally impossible?

As my understanding,

The button in Gnome is built using GTK but that in KDE is built using Qt, they are different widgets belong to different

Toolkit, right? But since GTK and Qt are both based on Xlib, I am wondering whether we can handle this using lowest level Programming - xlib?

Or maybe I can only program using GTK for GNOME, using Qt for KDE separately for different desktop enviroment?

Thanks a lot.

Do you Yahoo!?