Re: GNOME ABI review

Hi there,

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 15:33, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> It does at the moment, but then GTK+ should require gnome-vfs
> instead of vice-versa; the reason it doesn't is that gnome-vfs
> has a bunch of pretty serious problems. :-/

	I'm not so convinced by this argument. Either way - having a set of
sane stream interfaces in glib, would allow us to plug in gnome-vfs
using some hyper-pluggable system in between.

	Anyway - the really shameful dependency problem is gconf depending on
gtk+ [ in all real builds / packages shipped ]; that badly needs fixing.
This makes gnome-vfs appear to depend on gtk+ by association anyway.

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot