Re: anonymous CVS suckage

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 10:05:39PM +0200, Manuel Clos wrote:
> It was some talk about FIXING anon cvs suckage _after_ gnome 2.2. I'm
> still unable to get latest stuff to follow development and make up to
> date patches for bugs and such. I was told in #gnome it synchronizes
> every 24h.
>
> What's the current state of this issue?

How about setting up a network of CVSup mirrors, like the FreeBSD project has
done? CVSup is far better at handling large loads of anonymous users than CVS
itself is, and the servers can be far more up to date that way.

I've experimented with setting up a GNOME CVSup server a while ago, and it
seemed to work pretty well. Unfortunately, my poor little server doesn't have
the harddrive space and CPU horsepower to do this.

 - Theo

--
Theo van Klaveren <t vanklaveren student utwente nl>
http://home.student.utwente.nl/t.vanklaveren