Re: Experimental patches for linux usability

> 1) usb auto-mount/umount - base on linux hot-plug
>
> The rough result (on my machine) is that when you plug a usb
> drive (or cdrom), it'll be auto-mounted, its icon instantly appear
> on GNOME desktop. When you unplug it, it'll be auto-umounted
> and its icon disappear.
>
> A lot of work NEED to be done on the kernel side because
> you have to be able to force-umount it in case any file is still open.
> I remember force-umount implement only for NFS? maybe I'm wrong.

You mean more than umount -f ? I've used that before on usb mounted
drives and it seems to work.

As I side note, I really want to see this working ... :)

--
Mark Finlay <sisob_AT_tuxfamily_DOT_org>
http://sisob.tuxfamily.org  |  http://advogato.org/person/sisob