Re: KDE and Gnome

Hi Archit,

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 09:38, Archit Baweja wrote:
> Ah, if only there was One desktop environment, all these problems would be
> solved (or to be precise never would've surfaced).

No, that's wrong. I mean, on which desktop do Mozilla, OpenOffice, Java
apps, Real Player or Wine (to name a few) integrate perfectly ? Neither
GNOME nor KDE ! So, 1 desktop or 1000 desktops is exactly the same
problem: without standards you run into trouble.

> There is a cost to diversity.

Not if you use standards.

> Archit Baweja

Julien Olivier