Using the same home dir with Gnome 2.2 and Gnome 2.4

I happen to have an opportunity to test using the same home dir with
Gnome 2.0, 2.2 and 2.4. Here is what I have noticed so far:

* 2.2/2.0 and 2.4 use different home dir locations.
WORKAROUND: ln -s .gnome-desktop Desktop

* Launchers on 2.2/2.0 are not being shown in 2.4 and vista-versa.
Major unpleasantness.

* The 2.4 clock will not be shown in 2.2 and visa versa.

* There is a issue with custom emblems as i recall. I assume it's
still there.

The first one should go in the release notes. The second and third would
be ideal to get fixed b4 2.4 is released.

Will try and find some more issues

Mark Finlay