RE: Using the same home dir with Gnome 2.2 and Gnome 2.4

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 09:07, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: sisob-lists tuxfamily org [mailto:sisob-lists tuxfamily org]
> > > * There is a issue with custom emblems as i recall. I assume it's
> > > still there.
> >
> > Actually, it's not just custom emblems. I've set some emblems in 2.4
> > and they don't show up in either 2.0 or 2.2
>
> Why would you expect newer GNOME stuff to be supported by older GNOME
> versions? Obviously people try to keep things as compatible as possible, but
> I doubt anyody is expecting people to downgrade to an older GNOME.

I know of at least one large installation of GNOME that is using RH9
GNOME 2.2 and Sun GNOME 2.0 with shared NFS homedirs. They've had a
bucketload of problems, which I've asked them to write down for our
benefit, but they have not yet done so.

Luis