Re: Using the same home dir with Gnome 2.2 and Gnome 2.4

<quote who="Alexander Larsson">

> On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 15:20, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > The correct thing to do to provide support for 1.x, 2.0 and 2.2, is to
> > make sure the Desktop directory and .gnome-desktop symlink are created
> > when the user's home directory is created (through /etc/skel,
> > pam_mkhomedir, or whatever).
>
> No, that will mess up ~/Desktop with crap links whenever you run an older
> gnome.

Okay, combined with a .hidden file that ignores them on 2.4. :-) This really
is the cleanest way of managing the change... Keeping separate gnome-desktop
and Desktop directories really hurts.

- Jeff

                                   A: No.
                               - Nick Moffitt