Re: KDE and Gnome

> A huge number of themes don't use bitmaps.  A good number of the popular
> ones these days use almost none, if any.  Bitmaps aren't a solution -
> that's why there _are_ different engine backends in GTK, and not just a
> single built-in pixmap based engine.  If you're theme library can only
> handle pixmaps, it's not worth the effort, imo.
>
> And that's only talking about Qt/GTK.

I guess that's where we didn't understan us. Of course if such a library
has to be created, it will only be able to handle "static" data like
bitmaps. But it might also be made to handle more complicated data like
SVG, which also brigns its own problems... That's why it needs
discussing it. Just to know if there is good solution, and eventually,
which solution to choose.