Re: KDE and Gnome

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 17:53, Marcin Antczak wrote:

> In fact I work in Gnome, only because I have gtk Eclipse here, but I'm
> tired reporting bugs in last 2 days I reported 21 bugs and I see at last
> 30 more.

I hesitate to reply to a post in this thread, and especially to this
inflamatory and pointless one, but I hate exaggeration more than I hate
stupid flames, so here goes:

According to Bugzilla, you have filed 10 bugs - all between 23rd and
27th August 2003. Five of these are already resolved duplicates, three
need more information and two remain unconfirmed. Pretty damn good turn
around by the Bug Squad there I think.

> Gnome 2.4 should have "nothing works here" codename or sholud have 0.2.4
> version number.

On the basis of the statistics above '50% of the things I tried don't
work' is a more empirical response. Realistically, I doubt you care
much.

> And it is propably my problem with codecs or something but I get scrappy
> sounds in speakers during playback everytime my hdd is running. I don't
> have time to fix this and I listen to music from CD but this is another
> annoying part of my current linux experience ;-)

None of the bugs you filed were against Rhythmbox, which was your
original reason for complaining!

Mike