RE: proposal for MIME behavior in GNOME

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 11:59, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> I think it should do the same thing that it does when you get an unknown
> binary file -
>
> "
> we auto generate a type of application/x-extension-<EXTENSION>. If the file
> doesn't obviously have an extension, we use the filename.
> "

Maybe we can do something like

	application/x-rootnode-<ROOTNODENAME>+xml

The name of the root node provides a pretty strong hint as to what kind
of document you're looking at, I think.

Peter

--
Peter Williams                          peter newton cx

"[Ninjas] are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet."
                              -- REAL Ultimate Power