Re: proposal for MIME behavior in GNOME

Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> writes:

>   Right. Now how do you flag "it's a GnomeFrobinator document" ?
> The normal way is to have a dedicated Mime-Type :-)

I think we're getting confused here.  When you install GnomeFrobinator,
it presumably will install a file to register with the MIME system that
a MIME-type called application/x-GnomeFrobnicator exists, and has a
certain doctype.  I think that Murray was complaining about the behavior
when an unknown xml file was selected.  He felt that it should be
treated more like application/octet-stream.

Thanks,
-Jonathan