Re: Having applications open on the 'launcher' workspace

From: Antoine Dongois <Dongois Antoine wanadoo fr>

> Oh and when logging in as root, I'm able to launch an app on a different
> workspace using test-launcher in the startup-notification CVS module.
> This doesn't work otherwise.
> I'd be interested in feedback/explanations on this.

Using Sun's GNOME 2.0 distribution, I'm unable to locate any
documentation regarding how, at login, to specify the workspace on
which I want specific applications to reside.  That is, without the use of
devilspie.

--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>