Re: [gst-devel] Re: gstreamer gdk-pixbuf plugin

> Nothing happens, if you want a pixbuf you get a pixbuf or nothing at
all.
> A loader needs special code for pixbufs if it wants to support them.

This is not quite true. gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file() will fall back to
module->load_animation together with gdk_pixbuf_animation_get_static_image().
I don't think the gstreamer loader will actually read 700M in this case, but
e.g. the ani loader will, if anybody gives it a 700M ani file.

The problem with gnome_gdk_pixbuf_new_from_uri() is that it uses the
incremental loading functions, and doesn't stop after it has found an
acceptable static image. Instead it feeds the full 700M to the loader.
It should be changed to stop as soon as get_static_image() returns a pixbuf.
This requires that implementations of get_static_image() return NULL
until they can return an acceptable static image.

How does the gstreamer loader determine which frame to return in
get_static_image() ?

Matthias