gnome-session logout problem

> 	What worries me most about b-a - are the reports of Gnome 2.5 systems
> not even starting due to libbonobo problems - have you tested a 2.5
> build from login ?

  Well, I have just inspected the gnome-session logout problem.  It is
not bonobo related.  I don't have the backtrace available, but what
happens is that gnome-session creates a dialog, then tries to run() it,
at which point gtk+ tries to make the dialog modal, and X returns an
error.  However, gtk+ doesn't care about the error, and keeps waiting
for events on the dialog, which doesn't actually exist in the X server.
Looks like a bad interaction between gnome-session/gtk+ and metacity at
logout time.
  I confirmed my suspicion by disabling the logout dialog, and now
gnome-session logs out without any problem.
  I'm CC'ing desktop-devel in case no one else knows about this
problem...

--
Gustavo João Alves Marques Carneiro