Re: about autoconf, automake and gettext versions

<quote who="Malcolm Tredinnick">

> I had been thinking about the same thing, except that I was going to pitch
> it as something we should do for GNOME 2.8 (since we probably should take
> an entire release cycle to ensure it all works).

James had been pushing very hard for it for 2.6, but it doesn't seem to have
happened, and he hasn't been around much recently. If we can establish the
favoured versions soon, perhaps we can specify this as an early required
change for 2.8.

- Jeff

    "Think video. Think text flickering over your walls. Think games at
    work. Think anything where a staid, link-based browser is useless."
          "This person wrote for Ab Fab, right?" - Rich Welykochy