Re: Ideology / ChangeLogs

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 12:43, Christian Neumair wrote:
> On Mi, 2003-12-31 at 12:05 +0100, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 10:58, Christian Neumair wrote:
> > > I hope that you are aware of humanism and I convinced you in some way to
> > > just let it be.
> > My favourite philosophical era is rationalism, not humanism. :).
> "dubito, ergo sum vel quod idem est, cogito, ergo sum".
> Ren�escartes, the first "modern" philosopher said this, he was a
> rationalist - so you should doubt whether its a good idea to allow
> ChangeLog propaganda.

"I doubt, therefore I must be a being with ideas (thoughts) - I think,
therefore I am", as a lossy interpretation (I suck at latin). No
explicit mention of ChangeLogs here. ;).

Nice wordplay, but let's stay a bit serious.

Ronald

PS: yes, I actually adored Descartes when I read him.

--
Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>
Linux Video/Multimedia developer