Re: [Usability]ui review

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 01:02:01AM +0100, Christian Meyer wrote:

> usability persons in charge and developers. gnome 2.2 is
> making nice progress and we are all looking forward to the final day of release
> to satisfy all the happy users with the new gnome. i made a little conclusion
> of some critical aspects about current GUI state within certain gnome
> application. so please allow me to point you to this page to read more about
> it. i'd like to encourage you to read this.
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~chrisime/random/ui/

To correct one point, the purpose of the libegg toolbar is to replace
the others, by becoming the official GTK toolbar. That's the only
solution to toolbar problem. The GAL/bonoboui/whatever toolbars just
need to be terminated.

Most of the other points are just a matter of getting out Glade and
making apps conform to the HIG; anyone is welcome to work on this.

Havoc