Re: [gnome-announce] Zenity 1.0 " The obstacle is the path "

Hey there,

> Sorry if I ask stupid questions:
>
>     * where are the source tarball or (binary) RPMs?

The sources are available at

	http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/zenity/1.0

[sorry, I screwed up earlier]

No binaries available as yet.

>     * is there a home page for the project?

Nope, does there really need to be? I don't think it would contain
anything much.

> All I managed to find was the gnome CVS of the project.
> Even so, I had problems to configure the package, since:
>
>     * there is no ./configure script to run;
>
>     * the ./autogen.sh is a HTML document;
>
>     * the script included in the autogen.sh document is not
>       working (complains about no Makefile.am found).
>
> Am I missing something big here? :-)

Um, if you use the package above, then a simple
	./configure --prefix=/usr/local
	make
	make install
should be enough.

If you're using CVS, you'll have to make sure you have the neccessary
Autotools environment, then a simple
	./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local
	make
	make install
is what you want.

The Autotools environment needs libtool, automake, autoconf, gettext,
scrollkeeper, popt, along with the other library dependancies.

		Hope this helps,

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)