Re: 2.3 Proposed Features

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 09:02:41PM +0100, Christian Meyer wrote:
> IMHO, 6 months is too short for a real release-cyle. 8 months is just ok. It
> almost took 8 months to get Gnome2.2 out of the door.
> The problem is that developers don't hack on a new major release when the old
> one has just been released. It always takes some time and it won't be different
> with Gnome2.4. Gnome2.2 will be actively maintained as it was with
> Gnome2.0

Consider all the stuff already queued up to land in 2.4 - fontilus,
nautilus RPM view, multimedia app, gnome-network, the new gnome-utils
replacements - people have already hacked up a ton of stuff that can
already be used. I have quite a few large metacity patches pending for
review. So I don't think it's true that no one is hacking on 2.4 yet,
they were hacking on it well before 2.2 came out.

Havoc