Re: Call for 2.2 Screenshots

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 04:19, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 00:05, Seth Nickell wrote:
>
> > Theme is the more basic word... and the interface tries to present the
> > basic unit of "theme" as the "metatheme/theme set". Using "theme set"
> > immediately conjors up the model of a theme "set" as a grouping of
> > themes (which, I'm sure, is how most people on this channel think of
> > "metathemes", but its not the conceptual model I want users to pick up).
>
> Well, it may not be the conceptual model you want, but it's the one the
> UI currently presents :)  So what do you propose we call the
> sub-elements the user chooses on the Controls, Window Border and Icons
> tabs?  Currently they're very clearly labelled "Themes"....

hrm.... I feel like the UI currently presents them as themes that have
sub-components. The top level UI of the theme switcher doesn't even hint
that the themes are made out of lower level components. I mean, a
building is made out of building materials, but its not a building
material set.

I agree that the details dialouge isn't very coherent. I think that
whole section needs to be redone (starting with the name "Details").
Though... even in the case of the existing details dialogue I'm not
clear that we're actually calling the sub-themes "themes" (unless you
infer that from "install theme" button). The whole window is called
"Theme Details" which implies that "theme" refers to the "metatheme"
(esp. since its not plural).

-Seth