Re: upgrading toolchain requirements for GNOME 2.4

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 08:09:35PM +0100, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> Hey Havoc,
>
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 12:56:40AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > No, scrollkeeper doesn't currently work with automakes that check for
> > all files being removed on "make uninstall,"
>
> Hmm, can you give me more info on this?

make distcheck checks that uninstall removes all
files. scrollkeeper-update (IIRC) creates files that don't get
removed.

In automake 1.7 I believe there's a variable you can set for the
command to use to list the files to be uninstalled, this feature could
be used to hack around the issue by removing scrollkeeper files from
the list, if nothing else.

> FWIW, I've been using automake 1.7 to build GNOME stuff and I've had no
> problems. What was a problem was gnome-common being dumb and not knowing
> about configure.ac. I intend to submit a simple patch to fix that.

Building gnome is not a problem. What needs fixing is "make distcheck"

Havoc