Re: New toplevel behaviour

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 02:33:17PM +1300, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> 	7) You can resize the panel by clicking on the edge and
> 	   dragging. Note, that you can change the width (height for
> 	   vertical panels) of floating panels. The idea is that
> 	   floating panels are "packed". I think this is a sensible
> 	   concept.

We should avoid this screenshot:

  http://www.joelonsoftware.com/uibook/pictures/Whoops_I_Did_it_Again.gif
 (part of http://www.joelonsoftware.com/uibook/chapters/fog0000000059.html)

Probably it shouldn't be possible to do that. More generally, it
probably shouldn't be easy to accidentally resize the panel when
trying to click a launcher or menu.

One way to approach this (I guess basically what Windows XP does) is
to have things "locked" by default and you have to unlock them. Or
just limit resizing the panel to the prefs dialog as it traditionally
has been.

Havoc