Re: Panel configuration

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Michael Toomim wrote:

> From: Michael Toomim <toomim OCF Berkeley EDU>
> Subject: Re: Panel configuration
>
> Chipzz wrote:
> > Maybe we should just give this some really good thought, maybe there
> > are other options than to introduce complex interdependencies.
>
> How about adding an argument like "--new-panel" to gnome-panel?  Then
> nautilus could just call "gnome-panel --new-panel", or am I missing
> something?

This is indeed something that I considered was a solution to this. It
does make gnome-panel more complex thou, and will probably involve re-
writing large chunks of panel code, which is something we may want to
avoid (I'm not sure if Mark will like the idea, which is why I didn't
bring it up). Gnome-terminal does the same, and it uses a factory to
do this, which I don't think the panel currently does (I may be mista-
ken on this).

Kind regards,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout