Re: gnome-terminal awfully slow

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 01:10:33PM -0800, Hidetoshi Tajima wrote:
> Havoc, do you know where the difference could come?  Is't in
> gnome-terminal code or in vte?

I think it's partially just that antialiasing and Unicode take more
time, but it's not entirely that.

On Red Hat Linux anyway most of the bottleneck seems to be that the
RENDER extension is just not optimized very well - we are spending
most time in the X server. Owen thinks speeding up the X server 3x or
so should be pretty easy, and maybe with some effort we could do even
better.

Havoc