Re: desktop interface preference: tabbed_mdi_edge_position

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 23:47, Dan Mills wrote:
> True in many cases, but not all:  I've never seen anyone using anything
> but bottom tabs in a spreadsheet.

Possibly due to Excel first doing those weird half-width tabs[1] in
Excel 4 (or whatever version it was).  Everyone else just copied the
UI...

Of course, Lotus 1-2-3 may have done tabs first, but all I recall about
the Lotus was a terrible UI which deserved to be executed.

Ross

[1] Tabs which only go half-way along the screen? That's a royal PITA
when using 10 tabs on 640x480)
                                      jabber: ross jabber debian net
                                    www: http://www.burtonini.com./