Re: An object Oriented File Manager Design

> Well, to add flames to the fire, why don't we seriously consider popping
> up the context menu when holding the primary mouse button too?  That
> way, you can provide a simple status bar message "Click with the mouse
> to select an item; keep the mouse pressed (or use Ctrl+F10) to see
> options for that item".  That's a visual, and if it helps not provide a
> menu bar or unclutter it, I'd vote for it.

I wouldn't like to see that as a replacement for alternate click, but it
would create good interpolability with mac. Although, don't a lot of mac
users go out an buy 3 button mice so that they can use a scroolwheel and
alternate-click. I always found waiting 3 seconds for a context menu
unbareably slow.

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]