Re: Can I have startup-notification feature for all X Window programs under GNOME 2.2?

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 10:53:17AM +0800, James Su wrote:
> I know that there is a library to do it, but I cannot modify every
> program to support this library. Is there any other method to enable
> this feature for all X Window programs under GNOME 2.2?

If you know the app will open a window with a particular window class
or name, you can add StartupWMClass=whatever to the .desktop file.

If the app doesn't actually open a window with that class or name,
you'll get a stuck busy cursor though. So you must be sure the app
always opens the window.

Havoc