Re: Panel's GConf usage

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 10:17:43AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	So - say I want to store an array of structured data; eg. containing a
> couple of strings, a few doubles, a long or two - what do I have to do ?
> is it a matter of making up a random sequence of sub-directories
> etc. ?

You can do that, or you can encode it somehow. There are various
approaches. I don't know of any apps that actually do this though.

> 	Also - do we have schema & internal support for enumerations in gconf
> yet ? (saw some odd string descriptions for keys in gnumeric of the form
> can be "bold", "light", "frobicated" ).

There are quite a few issues with trying to do it with
schemas/internally, it's deliberate that you are supposed to store
these as strings. If there's extra support for enums it will be of the
"hint" variety, similar to the plan to have a hint that a key is a
color.

Havoc