Re: nice /. comment

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 10:01, MArk Finlay wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 14:51, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=54594&cid=5350493
>
> Wait til this guy[1] gets Gnome 2.4 or 2.6 with the new lockdown
> and central administration features :)
>

> [1] and every system admin on the globe

Flames to follow:

OK this statement just plain scares me.  GNOME 2.6 is over a year away
and quite frankly we just can't wait that long for central
administration.

Sorry for the bluntness but hey as an enterprise user and
administrator,  we need this now. 2.4 is OK but 2.6 thats too long.
We've been waiting for this since the first article praising the fact
that GCONF would provide this.  Thats a long time ago.

--
George Farris <george gmsys com>