Re: Adding "Edit Menu" to the Actions menu

Todd Kulesza wrote:

I wrote up a small patch that adds an Edit Menu launcher to the Actions menu. My thinking was that menu editing isn't very discoverable in its current implementation of right-clicking. This launcher just opens up the nautilus applications: URI where people have the Edit->Cut/Copy/Paste and File->New Launcher commands readily available. I have a screenshot up at:

http://dropline.net/gnome/optical/menu_edit_and_shadow.png

Right now the patch is against gnome-panel-2.2.0, but if there's any interest in actually using it, I'll port it over to HEAD instead.

Todd

fwiw I think somethink like this make more sense being available from the apps=>desktop prefs=> advance than anywhere else in the ui.

dave