Re: splash screen session and theme

Hey,

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 11:55, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)">
>
> > Including the splash screen theme into the metathemes would be a good
> > idea, in my opinion.  Perhaps having a separate splash theme capplet to
> > revert to the default theme is a solution?  We have to remember users may
> > like the idea of portions of the theme being applied.
>
> Why is it even remotely interesting or important to have a themeable splash
> screen? No one has explained this yet.

	Well, that was my initial reaction. But it is a hugely visible part of
GNOME so I think it makes sense to allow it to be changed somehow.
Currently its a gnome-session preference ... adding it to the session
properties capplet IMHO would be really silly but allowing theme authors
to supply a different splash screen seems a lot less silly.

	Hmm, that's not a direct answer to "why is it interesting or
important", though :-) Themes change the "look and feel" of GNOME. The
splash screen image is a very prominent part of the "look" at least (but
so is the desktop background image and that isn't themeable so ...)

Good Luck,
Mark.