Re: Shipping Vera with 2.4

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 02:51:14PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 	There are also the following bugs/mis-features I saw with a brief
> > glance, correct me if I'm wrong:
> This is mostly bogus; for example the EINTR handling is in the
> wrappers around the syscalls, you just didn't see it, short write
> handling also exists, and no /tmp UNIX domain socket is created
> anywhere as far as I know. Maybe in the test suite. Are there lots of
> bugs? Sure. But you're just making some of this stuff up.

	Pardon ? please do me the courtesy of at least reading my mail
and/or not cutting out the relevant context which was:

[ Bastien wrote: ]
> I've also got my very own thingo to do simple IPC, that I use in totem:
> $ cat bacon-message-connection.[ch] | wc -l
>     271
>
> And that replaces the whole of CORBA for simple IPC purposes.

	Which should have been quite clear. If you read
bacon-message-connection.[ch] you can verify the 'bogus' list of problems.
I have yet to read much D/BUS code. I would hope that you wouldn't make so
many elementary errors there.

	Regards,

		Michael.