Re: D-BUS [was: Re: Shipping Vera with 2.4]

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 12:56:48PM -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> Umm, congratulations, you just reinvented {CORBA, SOAP, UNO, COM}.

Do you seriously think I don't know what these are or haven't
considered whether they would work and what the tradeoffs would be?

> The idea of having system/user/app muxes is great, but why create a
> new protocol for sending stuff between them?  We could have a mux
> that talks an existing protocol and forwards stuff appropriately.

Again, it's pointless to discuss this until people read archives
and/or we post a long initial analysis of the topic as a starting
point.

Havoc